Thursday, December 05, 2013

United We Spy--Ally Carter


Title: United We Spy
Author: Ally Carter
Publisher: Disney Hyperion Books, 2013
Pages: 293 p
Source: Library
Compensation: None

What started as a fun fluffy series about girls in spy school and boy troubles has morphed into a serious suspenseful survival story. It's still fun because Ally Carter knows how to write fun characters and make us love them, but the "fluff" is gone. I have to wonder if it was ever there to begin with or if Carter was just lulling us (and Cammie) into a false sense of security.

Previous reviews (some more complete than others):

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You
Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy
Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover
Only the Good Spy Young
Out of Sight, Out of Time

In this conclusion to the Gallagher Girls series, Cammie has to hunt down the leaders of the Circle of Cavan before they can carry out their most dangerous plot ever. She's aided by her spy boyfriend Zach and her trusty companions Bex, Liz and Macey. Questions are answered and mysteries put to rest in this final satisfying installment. Carter ends the series perfectly. This is a must read for anyone who has read the previous books. It's a great series to give to readers who like reading about strong girls. The box set (I don't know if there is a box set yet, but there should be) would be a perfect holiday gift.

******
I'm an Amazon Associate now. If you click on the Amazon links and buy anything I might make a tiny bit of money.

No comments:

Blog Archive