This week's topic is: Top Ten characters I'd like to be best friends with:
1. Jo from Little Women. I got this from Jessi at TB&TB. I can't believe I had forgotten about her! I had to include her after seeing her on Jessi's list. I remember loving Jo as a kid.
2. Nita & Kit from the Young Wizards series by Diane Duane. I just reviewed the most recent one here. Nita & Kit are both teens who discover they are wizards when they come across a library book in So You Want to be a Wizard. I loved this book as a kid and I've kept up with the series ever since (25 years later!!)
3. Will Stanton from the Dark is Rising series by Susan Cooper. He was my first literary crush. All you Harry Potter fans? Read the Dark is Rising series and then talk to me.
4. Sabriel from the Abhorsen trilogy by Garth Nix. She can control the dead. What's not to like?
5. Ruby Oliver from E. Lockhart's books. Read my latest review here. Ruby is funny and cool and even if she thinks she's a bit neurotic she'd keep life interesting being her friend!
6. Luciano and Arianna from the Stravaganza series. I apparently like magical, fantastical, adventurous couples for friends!
7. Colie from Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen. I'd probably be BFF with all of Sarah Dessen's characters, but Keeping the Moon was the first book I read of hers so it's always held a special place in my heart. It really spoke to me. Even though I was in my 20s at the time, I remember feeling very much like Colie did.
8. Lyra Bellaqua from His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman. She's a spunky girl with a fierce sense of loyalty. Plus, I introduced Philip Pullman to egg drop soup at a Chinese Restaurant (true story).
9. Evanjalin from Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta. Because she is a "strong female hero" in every sense of the word. She kicks ass, sacrifices everything for what's right, and is not afraid to make the hard decisions.
10. Curious George. He knows where the fun is and makes some on his own if he can't find any. And he's a monkey. Who doesn't want to be BFFs with a monkey?
I'm an Amazon Associate now. If you click on the Amazon links & buy anything I might make a tiny bit of money.