Thursday, November 04, 2010

Companions of the Night--Vivian Vande Velde

From the Vault
This review was originally written--handwritten no less--in August 1999 before the Age of Blogs. I'm not editing it at all because I don't believe in tampering with history. For other old reviews, click on the "From the Vault" tag.

Title: Companions of the Night
Author: Vivian Vande Velde
1995
Genre: Supernatural
Subjects: vampires; morality

Summary: 16 year old Kerry encounters murder, kidnapping and vampires when she visits a laundry to retrieve her brother's teddy bear. Through it all she learns about morality, lying and betrayal.

Critique: Great story. One complaint--I would have liked to see Kerry reunited with her family at the end. I'd like to know what story she gave them!

******
I'm an Amazon Associate now. If you click on the Amazon links & buy anything I might make a tiny bit of money.

No comments:

Blog Archive