Saturday, October 28, 2006

Zoo--Graham Marks

Title: Zoo
Author: Graham Marks
Pages: 266 p.
Publisher: Bloomsbury
ISBN: 1582349916

I don't usually go for the spy/action/boy books and I probably would not have read this if it hadn't been for one of my middle school boys choosing it for our book group. But once I started reading I couldn't stop. This is an intelligent, quick-paced, action-packed book that boys are sure to love. Although it's probably geared more for high school (the main character is 17), there's nothing preventing middle schoolers from reading it. There is a little lovey-dovey stuff, but nothing more than kissing, and it definitely takes a back seat to the action.

17 year old Cameron Stewart has always lived a privileged life. His mother has never been very affectionate and treats him more like an investment than her flesh and blood, but he's had a happy childhood. His father is not a millionaire, but pretty well-off and able to provide whatever Cam needs. Life is great until he gets kidnapped, manages to escape, but discovers that he can't trust anyone and must survive on his own until he can figure out what's going on.

I enjoyed this book and was able to finish it in just a couple of days (hey, I have a toddler). I'm looking forward to the middle school book group next month. I think the boys are going to really respond to it.

************
Reading:
On My Nightstand: New Moon--Stephenie Meyer

2 comments:

Hasnaen said...

Can i have a very brief summary of the ending. COmments about how the ladt chapter resolved all of the complication in the book.

Hasnaen said...

last*

Blog Archive